Henle Prep Workbooks have been created with the student who has a solid English grammar background in mind. The student should know all of their parts of speech and how they are used in a sentence. If the student has not mastered these concepts, then a good review of English grammar is necessary before working through this book. A very limited review of English grammar is included at the beginning of each volume. It would also be helpful (but not essential) that the student using these workbooks has memorized the Latin noun declension endings. This is not required but a good suggestion before proceeding through either workbook.
Each unit of the Volume I workbook teaches one of the Latin noun declensions. Volume II reviews the concepts of Latin noun declensions and builds on these principles to teach Latin adjectives and prepositions. Each unit includes several lessons for practicing the vocabulary and their respective noun declension and/or adjective endings.
Each lesson has the same or similar structure:
- Review Question to review the previous lesson’s content
- Explanation of the current lesson and concept(s) to be studied
- Vocabulary terms and declension endings to be studied
- “Let’s Practice” section to practice applying what is being studied
- Challenge Questions for those who want more of a challenge (but not required)